Fostering student success in STEM fields
The Center for Science and Math Success provides innovative and comprehensive student and academic support services to students in math and science courses. Our programs are designed to enhance the academic success of students, as well as building leadership skills and preparing students for advanced study and the workforce.
The Center for Science and Math Success programs include:
- The Science Educational Equity Program (SEE) - working with students who face social, economic, and education barriers to careers in health professions, research and/or teaching
- The Peer Assisted Learning Program (PAL) – Improves student success in gateway STEM courses by employing peer-led supplemental instruction.
- Commit to Study Program – provides study skills workshops and 1-on-1 mentoring to any student taking classes in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Pre-Teaching Program – Places students interested in teaching careers in STEM teaching internships and provides professional development activities to enhance their learning
- Peer Leadership Academy – Professional and leadership development conference for peer facilitators, bringing together students across all of the Center’s programs.
You can support the Center or you can give directly to one of our programs. When you give to the Center, your donation helps us enhance all of our student programs, providing professional development training, workshops, and other leadership development opportunities to student ambassadors across all three programs.