College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (NSM) engages students in rigorous programs of study that offer innovative learning paired with hands-on research experiences. NSM students graduate well trained for a lifetime of scientific research, either as workforce ready scientists and mathematicians prepared to enter careers in government and industry, or as future scholars who will pursue advanced studies at institutions like UC Davis, Cal Poly, Princeton, UC Berkeley, and Stanford.
NSM faculty and students are discovering new knowledge about real-world issues that we all care about – from autism, to HIV, energy efficiency, and environmental sustainability on the American River.
Your support will enhance research and teaching across the entire college, or within the department of your choice, by helping to:
- Fund student and faculty research
- Support student and faculty travel to academic and professional conferences
- Host workshops and lectures for students and the campus community
- Purchase and maintain new and existing equipment and instrumentation
- Modernize research and teaching laboratories
- Address other emerging opportunities.